You may find it helpful to download the following for periodic reference:
Preview of the mini-course: How to Become a Powerful Force for World Peace and a Mental Wealth Millionaire
As a “gatekeeper” who can influence many others, you have chosen to receive essential information on how a limited number of individuals can implement Einstein’s solution to create world peace. This letter describing The Crisis of our Generation will be followed by the topics identified below. Each letter will enrich your insight regarding critical concepts. Once you recognize the seriousness of the imminent danger we face and the actions that can prevent catastrophe, I am confident you will want to become a leader to popularize Einstein’s newer way of thinking.
We seek your ideas and participation to make the world a safer better place. We want to arouse your passion to take meaningful action to preserve for our loved ones what we have enjoyed. We must do more than wish or pray for world peace. Passionate people working together can make a difference – it works for terrorists. We make no solicitations for money. All our services are free to anyone, anywhere, anytime via the Internet and telephone conferences. Our goal is to educate one million or more individuals as soon as possible in the mental skills that enable anyone to experience a joyous purposeful life and become a potent force for world peace – such individuals are “Mental Wealth millionaires.”
Summary of the eight mini-course letters:
1. The crisis of our generation - the use of weapons with ultimate destructive power is imminent unless sufficient people take action. [This letter]
• Problem: Our most knowledgeable scientists and informed citizens tell us catastrophe is imminent. The World at Risk, the U.S. Congress-mandated report based on over 250 experts predicts we are likely to experience the unleashing of weapons of mass destruction before 2013 ends (excerpts attached).
• Only humankind acquires knowledge and passes it forward to become such increasingly powerful creators that we now determine our own fate and that of Mother Earth. Our generation is the first to create and proliferate weapons of ultimate destruction to multiple tribes; some already express their justification to use them.
• Passionate individuals working together make a difference. Based on over 100 interviews, three basic reasons are provided why peace advocates wish or pray for peace but take no action. Wisdom tells us to expect human catastrophe unless those who are capable take appropriate action.
• Our current actions postpone but will not prevent the inevitable.
2. Einstein’s solution: we must popularize a newer way of thinking
• Common sense problem-solving is not common; our thinking is dominated by instinct and tradition, which are yesterday’s solutions to yesterday’s problems based on yesterday’s wisdom.
• Some action pathways hardwired within our older brain by instinct and traditions have become ineffective and dangerous.
• Instinct, tradition, and human dictators prescribe either/or two category thinking that is the root cause of bigotry, prejudice, and harmful aggression. Our well-being requires both...and thinking that inspires common sense solutions and collaboration for shared interests rather than confrontation to assert dominance.
• We teach the pursuit of physical wealth to the neglect of mental wealth, i.e. the proven wisdoms that are most certain to enable anyone to create a joyous meaningful life and become a potent force for world peace.
• Today’s mass media technology, such as the Internet, allows us to rapidly educate our population with little no cost at their preferred time and location.
• There are insufficient individuals who take action to promote peace while those who threaten the majority organize their followers to take action.
• We can rapidly popularize mental wealth by inspiring the each one, teach one principal. How many individuals are you privileged to reach?
• The domino effectis our means to popularize a newer way of thinking. The first step is creating a sizable grass roots peace movement of informed citizens.
3. The two powerful sentences that control the fate of our loved ones and the world.
a. My way or my tribe’s way is the right way and any non-subscriber is unworthy of respect, O.K. to punish, even murder.
Our current way of thinking is hardwired by instinct and tradition during our immature years:
• In a world where multiple tribes possess weapons with ultimate destructive power, this sentence, dominant in our population, leads to harmful confrontation and Armageddon.
• The majority of our population remains stuck repeating solutions to yesterday’s problems based on yesterday’s knowledge.
• We all first process data using either/or two-category thinking that justifies local allegiances, usually at the expense of global issues.
b. What is going to make things better for me AND you (us AND them) for now AND the future?
Thinking that we may initiate applying common sense wisdom to solve today’s problems:
• This mature problem-solving sentence leads to a joyous, meaningful life experience and a more peaceful world.
• This “magical” problem-solving sentence applies universal common sense wisdom; it directs our will to think “out of the box.” It uses today’s knowledge and wisdom to consistently update our problem-solving to create preferred outcomes.
• Peace and our well-being require that we popularize sentence b. to make it our dominant newer mature way of thinking. Super-maturity requires education.
• Switching either/or thinking to mature both...and thinking is quite doable.
4. The short list of the knowledge required to survive and thrive in the nuclear age.
• We are interpretive creators. We have been gifted with an organ with a specialized function, the cerebral cortex (what I call our freedom organ) that enables us to use symbols to collect, store, share, and pass knowledge forward. As we grow knowledge of cause-and-effect relationships, we become increasingly powerful creators of both constructive and destructive force. We have now made ourselves such powerful creators that we have assumed responsibility for our own destiny and that of Mother Earth. We can no longer tolerate the outcome of unleashing our newest destructive power.
• We are human becomings* not human beings: We are a work-in-progress with a mission and purpose to acquire the humane qualities of love, forgiveness, kindness, mercy, and compassion. Our growth of common sense interpretation elevates us to become powerful directors of our own destiny and rulers of all about us. Whereas other life on earth is directed by instinct and tradition, humankind alone has the opportunity to add a third stage to our life cycle: self-mastery. Our freedom organ, when mature and properly educated, enables us to create alternative action pathways and to wisely choose from among them. We need to recognize that we keep accelerating our creative and destructive power exponentially. Our generation has created a race between utopia and Armageddon. We can expect to reach the finish line during our lifetime or that of our children. We have the intelligence to selectively replace the hardwired action pathways of instinct and tradition that favor self-extinction with the common sense wisdoms of self-mastery ifwe individually and then collectively muster up our will to do so.
• A word-switch* is a symbol (usually words) that serves as a signal to redirect established thinking to newer “out of the box” action pathways. Word-switches are the common sense critical tools we create using current knowledge and wisdom to upgrade the established action pathways of instinct and tradition to preferred outcomes. A trigger word* is a signal to turn on established action pathways, especially those hardwired by instinct and tradition. Word-switches have the power to turn off patterns that no longer work by switching to newer action pathways needed to survive and thrive, thus controlling the negative effects of our growing power.
• Strens* arethe self-initiated word-switches that strengthen common sense wisdom. We create a joyous, purposeful life by acquiring sufficient strens, what I call Becoming a Mental Wealth millionaire. 100+ strens are presented in our video series free for the asking to anyone, anywhere, anytime at www.anwot.org .
*Trigger word, word switch, human becomings, and strens are newly created symbols to signal new knowledge because our language lacks simple word labels for these concepts.
5. The seven Mind-freeing, Life-changing, World-saving word switches.
• Anyone can create a joyous, meaningful life experience by acquiring sufficient proven strens, the process I label Becoming a Mental Wealth Millionaire. Seven word-switches start the process.
• Word-switch #1, “I think I can...I think I can...I will.” turns on our energy (remember The Little Engine That Could)
• Word switches #2-4, both...and for either/or, I could for I should, and I allow for They make me, free our will from instinct, tradition, and human dictators so that we may think “out of the box” and personally direct our destiny.
• Word switch #5 is the universal problem-solving sentence that promotes collaboration for shared interests. (See 3-b)
• Word switches #6-7, energy for anger, and urgent for emergency prevent the impulsive instinctive actions that we commonly later regret.
6. The Mental Freedom control panel
• Two self-taught action pathways consistently lead to preferred outcomes and sustain our well-being: common senseproblem-solving and self-endorsement.
• Six action pathways are consistently a source of trouble: blaming in, blaming out, avoidance, helplessness/hopelessness (“I give up”), worry (“What if ...”), and the mind/body response.
• Most of the eight choices available to our will are easily taught and learned.
7. The two most powerful but rarely practiced word-switches, emotional self-endorsement and secondary endorsement, are our richest source of patience.
• Patience is required to create self-worth, love, and forgiveness; to free our will from instinct, tradition, and human dictators; to replace destructive confrontation with collaboration for shared interests; and to trade in a pound of cure for a far more valuable ounce of prevention. WOW – what benefits!
• The secret of emotional self-endorsement.
• The power of secondary endorsement.
8. Now that we recognize the problem and understand the solution, can we create the will to take action? What can passionate individuals working together accomplish?
• We begin by recognizing the problem and that we are part of it! We make ourselves part of the solution by acquiring the mental skills of a newer way of thinking (ANWOT).
• ANWOT teaches us to recognize similarities more than differences, to promote collaboration more than competition, win/win more than win/lose goals, value wise creeds more than greed, and add support for global needs to our local priorities.
• We need to change the balance of those individuals who remain dominated by either/or two-category (us or them) thinking to mature “both...and” (us and them) thinking that makes common sense wisdom common and uncritical obedience to dictators uncommon
• An energetic grass roots peace movement can popularize Einstein’s ANWOT solution.
• Are you already a Mental Wealth Millionaire or willing to become one?
• Success requires each one, teach one leaders in the peace movement that will virally initiate the Domino effect that will circle the world. Will you help lead the way?
• What ideas can you add to strengthen effective action steps? Benefit your loved ones, humanity, Mother Earth ... and your retirement plans!
NOTE: Here are excerpts fromThe World at Risk, Report of the Commission on the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferation and Terrorism, Vintage Books, December, 2008; Bob Graham, Chairman; Jim Talent, Vice Chairman. Because the photocopy requires so many megabytes, it may not transmit by Email. The photocopy may be obtained by clicking on World at Risk.pdf. The following conclusions are quoted here:
From the Executive Summary
First sentence of summary, p. xv
The Commission believes that unless the world community acts decisively and with great urgency, it is more likely than not that a weapon of mass destruction will be used in a terrorist’s attack somewhere in the world by the end of 2013.
The Commission further believes that terrorists are more likely to be able to obtain and use a biological weapon than a nuclear weapon.
[Our government’s] focus has been mainly limited to defense, intelligence, and homeland security programs and operations. The next administration needs to go much further, using the tools of “soft power” to communicate effectively about American intentions and to build grassroots social and economic institutions that will discourage radicalism and undercut the terrorists in danger spots around the world.
Preface, p. xiii
We know that our margin of safety is shrinking, not growing.... There is still time to defend ourselves, if we act with the urgency called for by the nature of the threat that confronts us. Sounding that call for urgent action is the purpose of this report.
Preface, p. xii
Terrorists are determined to attack us again – with weapons of mass destruction if they can. Obama bin Laden has said that obtaining these weapons is a “religious duty” and is reported to have sought to perpetrate another “Hiroshima.”
The World at Risk, Vintage Books, 10/08. U.S. Congress mandated Commission report to President Obama after interviewing over 250 world experts on the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and terrorism.
See footnote 1.
Maclean’s Magazine, May 1, 1950
The mission of the Educational Community is to initiate the domino spread of Einstein’s solution to world peace.
The New York Times; May, 1946.
- << Prev