I am especially pleased with today’s stren (mental strength) because it provides, in abbreviated form, all the essentials to update our thinking to modernity, to “use our best to do our best.” This stren introduces you to seven critical Mind-freeing Life-changing World-saving Word-switches that powerfully make you master of your thinking as they free you from the demands of the early dictators who would control your life – instinct and tradition. You will understand the power of these seven easy word substitutions if you envision the way we can redirect a train to an entirely different path and destination by altering one switch at a single location on the train-track. By the simple act of changing the appropriate train-track switch, we not only redirect the train to the preferred destination; we simultaneously prevent the predetermined outcome we don’t want. You can dramatically change the course and outcome of your life’s experience by practicing these seven simple word-switches.
During our prolonged immaturity, the word meanings imbedded in every native language must first emphasize our helplessness, dependency, and our need for blind obedience to authority. We also acquire the habit of thinking in two either/or categories such as good or bad, right or wrong, us or them, win or lose. This misperception of the world is the root cause of bigotry, prejudice, intolerance, destructive aggression, and war. Thereafter, our formal education teaches us to make a living but has yet to include the specific wisdoms needed to make life wonderful. Each of the seven mental word-switches, like the train-track switch, is our means to take control of the path and outcome of our thinking, feelings, and actions.
Today’s stren identifies these seven simple Mind-freeing, Life-changing, World-saving word-switches. Each one will be fully explained in the subsequent seven tips:
- Substitute “I think I can” for helpless/hopeless trigger words such as “why bother,” “what’s the use,” “it’s too hard,” “I can’t,” “to Hell with it,” “ferk it.”
- Substitute “I could” for the dictator word “I should.”
- Substitute the personal responsibility word-switch “I allow” for common blaming words that express dependency: “he (she, they, it, the world) makes me ….”
- Most important, substitute “both … and” for the “either …or” trigger word programmed into every native language that divides the world into two categories and promotes bigotry, prejudice, and intolerance.
- Regularly apply the Magical Problem-solving Sentence: Given this situation, what is most likely to make things better for me AND you (or us and them), for now AND the future?
- Substitute “energy” for “anger” and “anxiety” when possible.
- Substitute “urgent” for “emergency,” then immediately assign “high,” “medium,” or “low” priority to “urgent. “
- Next >>